Kayak UK - Kaskazi Kayaks

Official Forum for Kaskazi Kayak Owners & Prospective Purchasers.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
A big welcome to all Kaskazi paddlers and guests, owners or those just thinking of purchasing one of these fine kayaks, this is the forum for you.
Share | 

Spring has arrived Marske kayak report 13/03/2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andy M

PostSubject: Spring has arrived Marske kayak report 13/03/2012   Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:33 pm

I managed to get away from work nice and early today 11am finish but I started at 3:20 and with no wind I headed to my launch spot with the intention to try for a Thornie.

I blasted out through the surprisingly big surf it was flat when I parked my car but as soon as I started the drag down the beach it was kicking up big at times anyway got out without incident and would have been perfect if it wasn't for the police chopper overhead all session but good to be out on a solo trip again.

I got anchored up and put out a nice fillet of Mackerel in hope of a Ray but was pestered by Crabs and small bites from either whiting or flatties and no signs of any Ray activity.

After a couple of hours I decided given the nice conditions I would have a venture a good bit further out as the wind was very light and the mist wasn't that bad

I switched over to my jigging gear and was instantly into good sized Coalies I might be in the minority but I love catching these on light gear

[img width=1000 height=750]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab58/andym1975/springKayakmarskemarch2012013.jpg[/img]

I kept a few of the better ones for the pot but released loads to fight another day

and I even managed this which fought well and weighed bang on 4lb :happy:

It was now tea time so the long paddle back in followed by an incident free landing to finish of a great little session

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dorado1

PostSubject: Re: Spring has arrived Marske kayak report 13/03/2012   Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:15 pm

That's the freezer filled again then Andy! Nice codling. Coalies are great fun on fly gear too.....I have had a couple of trips off Dunstanburgh for them and had some great sport, so I am with you on that one.

Was up your way yesterday (photographing a couple of bikes).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Spring has arrived Marske kayak report 13/03/2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kayak UK - Kaskazi Kayaks ::  :: -